Bogense Old Harbour

The harbour was built in 1828.

The eastern quay is the former trading and cargo port. DFDS (The United Steamship Company) had a steamship route between Copenhagen, Bogense and Vejle until about 1930.

The western quay was the fishing harbour with an auction hall, a fishmonger’s and a smokehouse.

There was a shipyard at the edge. The Aero Mill inside the harbour was built by the engineering company FL Smidth to produce direct current for the power plant. There was also a gas plant, a lime kiln and a cement plant.

Share this page

Last updated by

Nordfyns Turistbureau info@visitnordfyn.dk
 

Contact

Address

Vestre Havnevej
5400 Bogense

Phone

+45 64812115

Facilities

  • Facilities

    • Gasoline/Diesel
    • WiFi
    • Restaurant/Café
    • Sanitary facilities
    • Shopping

Transport

Coordinates

Longitude : 10.083818435669
Latitude : 55.566055497487