“Tanner Larsen’s Well”
In the year 1938 Bogense had its 650th jubilee as a borough. It was celebrated with a mediaeval parade and a grand party in the town, and King Christian the 10th himself visited. Garver Larsen from Bogense also wanted to celebrate the jubilee, so he gave the town a well.
“Tanner Larsen’s Well” from 1938 is large and beautifully ornamented with wrought iron. It’s placement where Adelgade crosses Jernbanegade creates a natural roundabout. The well is no longer in use, but back when it was new it was a source of fresh water.